PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
LAST UPDATED 07 JANUARY 2020
Welcome to the GolfPass website and/or mobile app (Websites). GOLFNOW, LLC, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, “GOLF”, “we”, “our” or “us”) maintain this Website for your personal entertainment, information, and where you purchase a GolfPass Membership, access to certain benefits, discounts, products, content (including videos), information and other services (collectively, our Services), which may relate to or be provided by our other GOLF Brands (including but not limited to GOLF Channel, GOLFNOW, GOLF Advisor, GOLF Channel Academy and GOLF Channel AmTour) and/or other third party partners.
2. WHAT OTHER TERMS APPLY
· GolfPass Terms and Conditions will apply if you purchase GolfPass Membership
3. ACCESS TO SERVICES
You may only access the paid for Services where you have paid the applicable fees in accordance with the GolfPass Terms and Conditions.
4. YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS
Where you create a GOLF Account, you are solely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of the password you use. Where you believe your GOLF Account credentials have been compromised, you should change them, and contact us for further assistance.
6. OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or licensee of, or otherwise have the rights to, the Websites and all content, software and materials developed, conceived, originated, prepared, generated or displayed to you via the Websites and or Services, protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and all other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (our Intellectual Property Rights).
Subject to Condition 7 below, we grant you limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to use the Websites and access (free and paid for) Services and any of our associated Intellectual Property Rights.
Any additional licences granted to you through your purchase of any of our Services, will be governed by the applicable terms and conditions.
7. RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR LICENCE AND USE
· use any of our Intellectual Property Rights for commercial exploitation (whether for profit or not) without our prior written consent;
· establish a link to the Websites from any other website, intranet or extranet site without our prior written consent (which may be withdrawn by us at any time in our sole discretion);
· do anything that may interfere with or disrupt the Websites or our Services;
· post any information on or send any information via the Websites (whether on any bulletin board or in any chat room or otherwise) that does not comply with our Acceptable Use Policy set out at paragraph 8 below;
· do anything that may infringe the rights of any other person or third party;
· You may not incorporate our Intellectual Property Rights, or stream or retransmit the content from the Services available, via frames or in-line links, and you may not otherwise surround or obscure any such content with any third-party content, materials or branding;
· You may not use any software robot, spider, crawler, or other data gathering or extraction tool, whether automated or manual, to access, acquire, copy, monitor, scrape or aggregate any content made available on the Websites or via the Services;
· You may not knowingly or intentionally take any action that may impose an unreasonable burden or load on the Service or its servers and infrastructures;
· You may not either directly or through the use of any personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (each a “Device”) or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent (i) any of our Intellectual Property Rights, (ii) any digital rights management mechanism or other content protection or access control measure associated with our Websites, the Services or Content, or (iii) any advertisement on the Websites, the Services and/or within Content.
Where you fail to comply with the above (including the Acceptable Use Policy below) we reserve the right to take, or refrain from taking, any and all steps available to us, including suspending or terminating your access to the Website, or Services or seeking other legal or equitable remedies, including reporting to the relevant law enforcement authorities, for breaches or actions constituting criminal offences.
8. CONTENT THAT YOU UPLOAD
If you send any comments, suggestions or materials concerning the Websites, or our Services or via the Websites and/or Services (User Content), we, our parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (including directors, employees, contractors and agents, as well as our partners, licensors and suppliers):
· you are granting to us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and irrevocable right and licence to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, perform or display such User Content, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology known or hereafter developed; and
· you warrant that you have obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals to allow us such use.
You acknowledge that the Websites may include User Content contributed by other users. No such User Content will have been verified or approved by us and we take no responsible for any such User Content.
9. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following rules are a condition of your use of and access to the Websites or Services. You are responsible for the content of your communications which you contribute or send via the Website or Service, and they must:
· be accurate (where they state facts);
· be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
· comply with all applicable law in the United Kingdom and in any country from which they are posted.
Any and all User Content which you contribute to or send via the Websites and your use of the Websites must comply with the following:
· No Interference. You may not interfere with any other user's ability to use or enjoy the Service.
· No Bullying. You may not use the Service to threaten, abuse, harass, or invade the privacy of any third party.
· Your Materials Must Be Lawful and Appropriate. You may not upload, post or otherwise distribute or facilitate the distribution of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise inappropriate information of any kind, including, without limitation, any images or other material of a sexual nature.
· Don't Damage the Service or Our Servers. You may not knowingly or intentionally take any action that may impose an unreasonable burden or load on the Service or its servers and infrastructures. You may not upload, post or otherwise distribute or facilitate the distribution of a software virus or any other computer code that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of the Service, or to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or Content or any data or other information of any third party.
· No Unauthorised Access. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems or networks connected to the Service, Content or any information contained therein for any unlawful purpose.
· No Collection of Personal Information from Other Users and No Commercial Use. You may not collect information about other users of the Service or use any such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorised solicitation.
· No Criminal or Unlawful Conduct. You may not use the Service, Content or any information contained therein for any unlawful purpose, and you may not encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability. You may not use any of the Service in connection with any site or other use that contains or is associated with information or content prohibited by this section.
· No Misuse of the Services or Content. You may not: (1) transmit or make the Service available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers or Devices at the same time; (2) make any software contained in the Service a standalone product; (3) take any action that will infringe on the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of us or any third party software provider; (4) sublicense or assign the software; (5) view or access any content other than within the country or location within the Territory.
· Linking. You may link to our home page, provided you do so on a site that is owned by you, in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, or link in such way to suggest any form or association or endorsement. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
We use reasonable efforts to include current information on the Website, our Services and Content, however we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Websites is accurate, complete or up to date.
We provide our services on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we, our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, (including directors, employees, contractors and agents as well as partners, and licensors) disclaim any and all warranties and conditions. Without limitation, we do not warrant that our Website, or your access to or use of our Services will:
· be uninterrupted;
· be free from inaccuracies, errors, viruses or other harmful components;
· meet your undisclosed requirements; or
· operate in the configuration or with the hardware or software you use.
12. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU
To the maximum extent permitted by law we, including our parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (including our directors, employees, contractors and agents as well as our partners, licensors and suppliers), exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any loss or damages, (including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental) of profits; data or other intangibles; to goodwill or reputation; costs of substitute goods and services; denial-of-service attacks, to computer equipment, software or viruses; arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, delay in operation or transmission, interruption, performance or failures of the Website and/or Services, irrespective of whether such loss or damages were foreseeable, arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
13. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
For your convenience, we may provide links to other websites that maybe owned and controlled by third parties (“Third-Party Websites”). Your use of such Third-Party Websites is at your own risk, and your access is subject to the applicable terms and conditions of such Third-Party Websites. We:
· make no warranties or other agreements regarding such Third-Party Websites;
· have no responsibility for the contents of such Third-Party Websites; and
· will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your use of or reliance on such Third-Party Websites.
14. YOU WILL INDEMNIFY US
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, including our respective directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents as well as our partners, licensors and suppliers, from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) arising out of or accruing from:
· claims brought by third parties, relating to your access or use of the Website and/or Services; and
· any misrepresentation, act or omission made by you in connection with your use of this Website or Services.
15. INFRINGEMENT POLICY
We do not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials. If you believe that any such third-party materials infringe your intellectual property, please send a written notice to us and request a review of the alleged infringement:
By mail: General Counsel, Intellectual Property
NBC Universal Law Department
620 Fifth Avenue, Fifth Floor, Room 574
New York, New York 10112
By e-mail: [email protected]
In addition, any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary right, must include the following information:
· Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
· A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed;
· Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on our Websites are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works. Similarly, for materials that are defamatory or infringe patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights of a third party, please submit a list of such materials;
· Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
· A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law; and
· A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorised to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or the person defamed.
16. EXPORT CONTROLS
Our Websites are directed to people residing in Australia. We do not represent that content available on or through our Websites is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
Software and goods from our Services are further subject to export controls. Any person or entity, residing or locating in any country that is the target of any sanctions administered by OFAC, the US State Department, the United Nations Security Council, the United Kingdom, Australia, the European Union or any member thereof (collectively, Sanctions Laws), may not download or otherwise access the Websites or the Services. Such countries include: Iraq, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, Sudan.
17. TERMS APPLICABLE FOR APPLE iOS
· You acknowledge that we, and not Apple, are responsible for providing our Services and any content.
· You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or support services to you with respect to our Services.
· To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to our Services.
· Further, you agree that if our Services, or your possession and use of our Services, infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement or discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims.
· When using our Services, you agree to comply with any and all third-party terms that are applicable to any platform, website, technology or service that interacts with our Services.
18. GENERAL LEGAL TERMS
You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all Devices and other equipment and software. All internet service provider, mobile service, and other services needed to access our Services, and all charges related thereto, are your sole responsibility.
Join GolfPass Annual and get a FREE dozen TaylorMade golf balls!